Questions for the couple
- We met at a Christian charity called The Message Trust. Joel was a member of one of their bands whilst Emily was doing the gap-year course which Joel had done the year before.
- We got engaged on a hillside which overlooks the city of Manchester. Joel had prepared a mediterranean feast of a picnic and popped the question at sunset.
- I love Joel’s compassion and his heart for justice. I love Emily’s inclusiveness, she seeks out and welcomes those people most would ignore.
- We thought it would be awesome to sing and praise God together in the place where Joel used to worship as a chorister years ago. We also love the history of the Cathedral and the splendour of it’s design.
- Hard to pick one! We both love Emily’s Dad caught smelling a rose (It’s soo Keith!) When we were knelt praying together in the crypt. (It was a special moment for us as we started our marriage in prayer) The silhouettes in the tunnel! (It’s a lovely romantic shot) and also the epic wide shots in the Chapter House & Quire.
- When our family members were praying for us and then when we walked up as husband and wife to the thundering Cathedral organ.
- You were first on the Kent ‘Hitched’ photographers list. So I looked through your previous shoots and really loved your spontaneity and creative eye!
- We had a different budget before the COVID lockdown which was about £7,000. But in the end our small ceremony and reception ended up being around £3,000.
- Try to learn things about each other through the planning process. The day itself will only be 24 hours, like every other day. But the planning, (good days and hard days) will prepare you for the rest of your lives together. Love is patient!